Discover Barcelona's remarkable Old City district . Walk through the most emblematic places of the Gothic Quarter and historic neighborhoods with an easy going local guide in English to learn about its secrets, local culture, and amazing architecture.
- Walk through the main spots of the Gothic Quarter and El Born
- Admire the facade of Santa Maria del Mar, the "Cathedral of the Sea"
- Learn about the historical events that took place in the Fossar de les Moreres
- Discover Barcelona's Roman past
- Admire the Cathedral of Barcelona and its medieval corners
Immerse yourself in Barcelona’s history, from its Roman past to the events that transformed the city in the Middle Ages, the Civil War to the current cosmopolitan Barcelona.
After meeting your guide at Plaza Catalunya, we will start this free tour walking through the historic center of Barcelona towards the Gothic Quarter, once the first settlement of the ancient Roman city known as Barcino. The Gothic Quarter is one of the neuralgic centers of the Old City and its history is full of legends.
We will walk through emblematic places of this neighborhood such as the Palau de la Generalitat, (the seat of the Government of Catalonia), Sant Jaume Square, Sant Felip Neri Square, the Cathedral of Barcelona, the Jewish Quarter, the remains of the Roman Wall and King’s Square, to name a few.
We will continue discovering secrets and curiosities towards El Born, a charming neighborhood known for the stunning Santa Maria del Mar church, famously called the "Cathedral of the Sea". You will be able to admire its facades and learn about the history of this unique example of true Catalan Gothic.
After a 2-hour free tour of the most iconic places of the Barcelona old town, we will end the tour at the Fossar de les Moreres, where you will learn about the events that took place in this square and why it has an eternal flame.
How much does this free tour cost?
The price is up to you. The free tours do not have a fixed price, so you can book for free and cancel without penalty. At the end of the tour, each person will contribute the amount they consider fair depending on the degree of satisfaction..
Our guides are truly passionate about history and work exclusively on a pay-as-you-go basis, thus ensuring that you will have an unforgettable and meaningful experience.
- 2-hours guided tour of Barcelona
- Professional guide in Spanish
- Radio guide: 1 € per adult
- The use of comfortable shoes and clothes is recommended. The entire tour is done on foot.
- Group reservations of more than 6 people are not allowed.
- The maximum allowed is 3 children per adult.
The tour is done with radio guides at a cost of €1 per person.