Enjoy Girona and Figueres, Salvador Dalí’s hometown in this guided full day tour. Walk through the picturesque streets of medieval Girona and visit the Dalí-Theater Museum in Figueres, the biggest collection of the surrealist artist.
- Visit some of the filming locations of Game of Thrones in lovely Girona
- Discover the Dalí Theater Museum in Salvador Dalí’s hometown of Figueres
- Explore the picturesque medieval streets of the best preserved Jewish quarter
- Admire Girona's monuments and its impressive colored houses by the riverbank
Experience two of the most visited cities north of Barcelona: Girona and Figueres. Relax and enjoy the comfort of an air conditioned motor coach and start discovering the splendid medieval streets of Girona, famous for its locations of the iconic TV show Game of Thrones.
A professional guide will take you on a 2 hour tour to explore its finest monuments (entrance to the monuments are not included), as well as one of the best preserved Jewish quarters in the world. Following the tour, you will have approximately one hour to visit Girona at your own pace.
Some recommended visits include the Cathedral and its iconic staircase, the Monastery of Sant Pere de Galligants, the Arab Baths and the famous coloured houses by the riverbank. If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, you’ll have no trouble spotting the filming locations for Landing of the King and the city of Braavos.
You will have free time to discover the streets of Girona and have lunch on your own. At the designated time, you'll meet with your guide to continue to Figueres, hometown of spanish surrealist genius artist Salvador Dalí.
Without a doubt, the Dalí Theatre-Museum is the most important monument of Figueres, a museum created by the artist himself. It features one of the largest collections of Dalí works in the world and it’s one of the most visited museums in Spain.
Following a short background on the history of the museum and Dalí’s life, you’ll be free to explore the museum and Figueres as you please. It also includes a visit to the Dali Jewels exhibition featured at the museum.
At the appointed time, the group will gather at the meeting point to start the return trip to Barcelona. The tour ends at the Estación de Nord, the same starting point of the tour.
- Bilingual official hostess
- Transport in air-conditioned bus
- Girona walking tour with a professional guide
- Entrance to the Dalí Theater-Museum and “Dalí Jewels”
- Entrance fee of the monuments
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
This is a walking tour on arrival at Girona. We recommend wearing appropriate attire and comfortable shoes.
- It’s recommended to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour. No shows will not be refunded.
- This tour is offered in English and Spanish simultaneously.
Hi David, thanks for sharing your experience with us!