Full day guided tour from Barcelona featuring the breathtaking landscape of Montserrat, its basilica and The Black Madonna and the stunning coastal city of Sitges. Includes tasting of 4 typical liquors, transportation on an air conditioned coach and walking tours with English guide.
- Explore the stunning Montserrat mountain and its impressive monastery
- Explore the picturesque coastal town of Sitges
- Wine tasting of 4 wines and snacks
Enjoy the remarkable Barcelona countryside in this complete Full Day Tour.
Montserrat from Barcelona
We’ll start the tour heading first to Montserrat, one of Catalonia’s most important Natural Parks. Located 50 Km southwest of Barcelona, this mountain retreat features astonishing views and the main monastery of Santa Maria de Montserrat.
Legend says that the Madonna and Child appeared in one of the mountain caves, justifying the construction of the monastery and Basilica. The wood carving of La Moreneta (the Black Madonna), can be visited in the church.
During the first stage of the tour, you’ll be introduced to the history of this magnificent site. You'll visit the audiovisual exhibition “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”, plus tasting of 4 traditional liquors. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy free time to further explore the area and scenery.
Sitges, a stunning Spanish coastal city
Next, you’ll meet with your guide at the designated meeting point to continue the tour to Sitges, one of the most beautiful coastal cities in Spain.
The former fishermen’s village is an important touristic destination thanks to the picturesque old town center narrow streets, stunning beaches and fantastic culinary offerings.
Delve deep into history learning about the “Indianos”, locals who found incredible wealth in America and how their return reshaped the city’s architecture.
When the guided tour ends, you’ll enjoy free time to discover Sitges at your own pace, have lunch, walk along the beach promenade or go shopping in the old town boutiques.
- Bilingual official guide
- Radio guide system
- Tasting of typical liquors made in Montserrat
- Transport in air-conditioned bus
- Walking tour in Sitges and Montserrat
- Food and drinks unless indicated
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour is offered in English and Spanish simultaneously.
- The use of comfortable shoes is advised.
- It’s recommended to be present at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- Proper attire is required for entering the Montserrat Basilica. Shoulders must be covered and no sandals or shorts are allowed.