Immerse yourself in the magic of Montserrat, one of the most special locations near Barcelona. This morning guided tour invites you to explore this mountain retreat, as well as its monastery, funiculars and mountain paths leading to spectacular views.
- Admire the image of La Moreneta the Patron Saint of Catalonia
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of Montserrat
- Discover the most stunning mountain and natural park from Barcelona
Montserrat is considered Catalonia’s most important mountain. Located just 50 Km of Barcelona, for centuries it has been a place linked to spirituality. This magical place came to relevance when an image of the Virgin and baby Jesus was found in one of the caves, leading to the construction of the monastery, basilica and several chapels.
Montserrat’s highest peak stands at 1236 meters high, so you can be sure to witness some unforgettable sights!
Throughout this tour, a professional guide will give you insight of all the legends and history of Montserrat. It includes a tasting of 4 different traditional liquors produced in the monastery and a chance to visit the Audiovisual Space, to learn all about Montserrat.
Following the tour, you’ll enjoy free time to explore the area and visit the Basilica of Montserrat. Inside, you can catch a glimpse of the wood carving image of “La Moreneta” (the Black Madonna), located above the church’s altar.
Feel free to explore the mountain paths that will take you to incredible vantage points or pay a visit to the local artisan food market featuring local products.
Tip: The Sant Joan Funicular climbs a cliff overlooking the monastery, offering outstanding views. You can enjoy 20% discount in the Sant Joan Funicular ticket with this tour.
- Transport in air-conditioned bus
- Bilingual guide
- Tasting of 4 different traditional liquors
- Entrance to the “Montserrat Audiovisual Space”
- Food and beverages unless indicated
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Proper dress code is required to visit the Basilica of Montserrat. Shorts and sandals are not allowed and shoulders must be covered at all times.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Walking tour on site, comfortable clothes and shoes are advised.
- This tour is offered in English and Spanish simultaneously.
- Please be present at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour. (Departure time is at 9:30 am, no exceptions).